View: 83|Reply: 0

Schizophrenic

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 07:57:15 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This show really has two sides for me, when only reviewing this as a comedy/drama show it is actually quite good, even hilarious at times. The individual stories of the characters are interesting and realistic.

However, the title makes me assume that they want to send a message about racism and white privilege, and the story line surely tries to make us see how people of color are still being treated differently. However, it fails miserably in sending a genuine message that would make people think about this matter in a way that they would want to change their behavior towards people of color.

Instead it confirms stereotypes and has a very judgmental take towards white people in general, when this generalization is the very problem that people of color are facing the other way around. So in my opinion this show is doing the opposite of what it is intending to do. Because of this at times it even comes across as pretentious and hypocritical.

In the end, it is still a very enjoyable show to watch. I watched the entire first season in one go but it leaves me with mixed feelings. On one hand a good comedy/drama show and on the other hand a show that completely misses an opportunity to address one of the major cultural issues we face in these modern times in a way that could actually help us move forward.

score 5/10

florisklaver76 4 May 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3700008/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部