View: 91|Reply: 0

Dear Ignorant Reviewers

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 07:57:14 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Most of the people posting 1 stars didn't even watch the show or only a few minutes into it. It's nothing like what they are saying. I'm as white as they come and from the Deep South, but I'm not such a tender little snowflake that I start crying every time racial issues are discussed because I'm afraid my feelings might get hurt if I hear anyone talking about white privilege. It's hilarious that those criticizing are just like some of the characters dealt with in the show.

The show actually displays many points of view and does a good job at portraying the complexities of college life and how students deal with being away from their comfort zones for the first time and confronted with the myriad of issues and perspectives that others may have. I have feeling that most of negative reviewers have never had that experience and are still stuck in the script they were born into. And if they had been exposed to thinking which challenged their assumptions, then they failed miserably at learning anything.

In any case, it's for anyone who has used their brain to venture beyond the dogma they grew up with to find something to relate to in show. But people who let talk radio and cable pundits do their thinking for them are most likely not going to get it and probably shout and scream that it's "anti-white". Oh well, their loss.

For one thing, it's a comedy and a satire. It's portraying how people think and act in a certain time and place. It's not asking you to agree with them, nor does it push any political ideology on anyone. It's called fiction. And it's quite clever and a show I'd recommend to any with at least some semblance of an open-mind. It really draws you in after the first two or three episodes and leaves you wanting more to see more of the well- developed characters.

Beyond that, it humanizes the "other" no matter who you are. And that's something we could really use more of in these times of knee-jerk ignorance. Give it a try, you'll be glad you did.

score 9/10

bambamboom 15 May 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3708762/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部