View: 77|Reply: 0

I tried and failed

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 07:57:12 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
May contain spoilers

I watched the film before the series and liked most of it. The film isn't perfect, but it does have some interesting scenes. There is critique on both sides and some interesting characters. I can advise people to give the film a chance (for its minor flaws).

I decided to give the series a chance as netflix has created some great stuff these last few years.

I cannot advise anyone to watch the series! The premise is the richest kids in the world going to one of the richest colleges in the world. We are then supposed to feel sorry for "POC" snowflakes as they have to suffer through "white people" wanting to be their friends.

One of the most telling scenes is at a party. They have a gangster rap song where of course we have multiple uses of the word n**ger. When a white student sings in tune with the song (as are the black students) we then have a scene where our black protagonist freaks out about how offensive it is. I have no issue if people find certain words offensive, but then those people should NOT use those words themselves. Either it is okay for everyone or not okay for anyone. Is this concept so bad?

Sure their is some criticism of "black people", but anyone can tell that the show is very heavily social justice and meant to attack western culture and western identity. It took the minor failings of the film version and amplified them 10000000000000000000000 times.

This comment is already too long and I could add many more issues to the list. It is also extremely boring and takes a film that took 108 min and turns it into a 10 part series....

TL;DR Any show that uses microaggressions as a serious term needs to be called out.

score 4/10

Jesusloveselvis 2 May 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3698693/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部