View: 87|Reply: 0

Life on Mars US is a very poor imitation of the UK version

[Copy link]
20-12-2020 11:33:14 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I am a A2 media student and for my coursework I am looking at the cross cultural difference between Britain and America through Life on Mars both the UK and the US versions. I have only watched the first episode of both versions but I was completely blown away by the UK one, it is smart and funny and keeps it audiences at the edge of their seats. It doesn't treat us like idiots it lets us form our own opinions about what is going in regards to who the killer is and then adds a huge twists, one even the characters didn't see coming. The casting in this is great and their is a fantastic relationship between Sam Tyler and Gene Hunt in it as well. The US version however is a complete let down. It is in my opinion a very poor imitation of the UK one. The script is virtually the same expect they have added an identical twin and several chases, one involving guns. I guess a guy using a baton stick to take down a suspect isn't exciting enough or dangerous enough for American audiences. Then you have the characters they do not in any way live up to the originals, the relationship between Hunt and Tyler is non existent in fact the guy playing Hunt isn't any good at all, he lacks something that made the British Gene Hunt a perfect character.

all in all I think that the Americans should stop remaking British shows and just leave them how they are. The originals are brilliant and should not be messed with. No one Life on Mars US flopped!

score 1/10

dolphingirl-ellen 26 July 2010

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2285640/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部