View: 93|Reply: 0

What a load of absolute rubbish!!!

[Copy link]
20-12-2020 11:33:14 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
If you have seen the original Life on Mars, then you will understand why I am writing this review. The other night I caught an episode of this American life on mars, which at first I thought was supposed to be a joke. But to my horror and bewilderment it was for real. I actually felt my brain was being assaulted!!

Harvey Kietel who I rate as a good actor was just cringe worthy in his attempt as Gene Hunt, who if you have seen the real Gene Hunt played by Philip Glenister then you know exactly where i'm coming from.

And as for the American Sam Tyler, he can't act for toffee!!!. He like a reject from a bad soap opera. He's a type of "actor" you just want to slap!!

This type of program doesn't not translate well from an English script, and yet these American writers think they can do it as well. You can't!!! Life on Mars (original) lasted two series which were 8 episodes each. Those 16 episodes where magic, but unfortunately American TV doesn't understand or even comprehend that sometimes less is more.

The only thing I can say in a positive way about this program is that ABC have seen sense in cancelling this insult to TV, and thank goodness there won't be a sequel of Ashes to Ashes.

For all those that have never sen the original, I strongly recommend you buy the English version of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes, and then you will see how you have wasted your time even watching the American version.

Please note that I love American TV, but In reading these other positive reviews, I felt it was only right to give you a wake up call, and suggest that the American Life on Mars should dropped into room 101 and never to see the light of day again!!!

score 1/10

andy-286-269405 7 February 2012

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2562383/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部