View: 108|Reply: 0

Easily the worst remake in history!

[Copy link]
20-12-2020 11:33:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I am sure many people out there watched the fresh and gritty BBC series of Life on Mars and loved it.

The role of Gene Hunt played to perfection by Philip Glenister in the original quite simply could NEVER be reproduced or bettered by any actor regardless of whether they be Brit, American or Chinese it was as if God himself cast the original so any remake was always going to have a hard time of things.

The acting and production of the remake is nothing short of dire (love Keitel but he was never going to fill those shoes and he manages to turn a legend into merely a leg end trying to fill those extremely large shoes) I think the entire cast and crew should be shot off to Mars for real and sentenced to 1 year WOO (With out Oxygen to quote another great BBC show Red Dwarf) I enjoy a lot of American shows same as I enjoy a lot of Brit shows but this one misses the mark by so much the arrow was practically shot backwards.

Anybody that has not seen the original series do yourself a favour and rent/purchase the DVD it's one of the highest rated TV shows here on IMDb and personally have not found anyone I have spoken with thats disliked it.

A huge letdown and without an almost complete cast change this show is beyond rescue.

score 1/10

stocky102000 23 October 2008

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1964489/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部