View: 52|Reply: 0

A little standard with an unplaceable special something

[Copy link]
29-5-2020 02:56:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I started watching the show out of sheer boredom one day after seeing the trailers and honestly I thought it was pretty wretched for the first episode or so, but I figured, since I gave Naruto back on cartoon network 5 episodes before discarding it, I may as well do the same here.

I don't regret the decision one bit. -

The show is certainly flawed; movement animations are stiff and a bit choppy, the story isn't looking to break into anything new(and frankly rushed character development a bit too quickly to be reasonable), and the voice acting instantly brought memories of 'Jill sandwich' to surface anew when I first heard it. Despite all this however, it has more promise than anything else I've seen recently.

There's something beautiful in the simple, but defined art style. The story leaves room to grow despite having and initial rush to it and while (as above) it's not breaking new ground, it's dancing on a sort of middle ground that's taking a bit from everything people have loved and putting it into a well made collage. The voice acting is up to improvement with time and the rather strange tone to it feels almost fitting by the end of the season. The animations may always seem a bit off, but I don't think you'll ever mistake RWBY for another show. -

Somehow this show grows on you, if you can get over the somewhat painful initial viewing. I'm definitely interested in what's to come in the future.

score 8/10

shadowaurax 11 December 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2924649/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部