View: 61|Reply: 0

Smart, savvy, and endlessly compelling

[Copy link]
29-11-2019 00:49:31 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Law & Order has become a Television staple. It's genius in it's simplicity (30 minutes with the detectives followed by 30 for the courtroom drama complete with a last minute twist), excellent in it's realism (even if it's shaded by Politically correct BS in later years as the stories it "ripped for the Headlines" always seem to change the skin-tone of the perp). And even though most episode are interchangeable with any other given episode due to the episodic nature of the show, discernible only by who the Detectives happen to be that year, it's still makes for a highly compelling and engrossing, I still feel "Homicide" a show this one crossed over with a number of times, is the best detective show of the '90's, however that's more a personal preference as I prefer long, intricate story lines. With that said this show is FAR from chopped liver and is endless much more intelligent than the dumbed down flashy CSI franchise.

My Grade: A

Season 1 DVD Extras: The Creation of Law & Orderder with Dick Wolf (14 minutes, 15 seconds); and a trailer for the L&O: Dead on the Money video game

Season 2 DVD Extras: A 30 minute featurette that features interviews with cast members of the first & second seasons, plus Jerry Orbach

Season 3 DVD Extras: Deleted Scenes; a tribute to the gone before his time and dearly missed Jerry Orbach & Jerry Orbach profile

Season 14 DVD Extras: Profiles of Actors Jesse Martin and Fred Thompson, a set tour with Jerry Orbach; and Park Dietz interview

score /10

movieman_kev 30 September 2005

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1183315/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部