View: 57|Reply: 0

After a few soggy years, finally a great season in 2005

[Copy link]
29-11-2019 00:49:23 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've been a fan of this show for a long time, dating back to the first few years when it looked like it was filmed by college kids, and like any long term relationship it's sometimes been tough going. After a great first 4 or 5 years, it got a little bogged down, came to life again, and bogged down again, you get the picture.

Quite frankly I thought the show was going down for good the last few years, the cast seemed weak and bored and I didn't even bother to tune in each week, it seemed SVU was overtaking it.

But the good news is this past season it has sputtered back to life again, helped enormously by the new D.A. who yes is beautiful, but is also a very good actress. The scripts have gotten better too, overall I"d buy this season on DVD.

Standouts were the episode LICENCE TO KILL, GOV LOVE, and TOMBSTONE, which featured the shocker of seeing a regular character get shot! I did not see that coming and was roused out of my seat in astonishment at the cajones the show is finally showing again.

(Sidebar- I also watched the painful 'conclusion' of that episode on the woefully misconstrued TRIAL BY JURY, and was equally shocked at how bad that show was. Take it from me, stick to the original.) Yes the music remains cheesy and simplistic and yes you still never learn much about the characters private lives, but this show doesn't go for the easy quick fix and quick shock that SVU sometimes resorts to, and has far better stories than most any other show on television today. Long may it reign.

score /10

Juliette2005 3 June 2005

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1093992/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部