View: 134|Reply: 0

Another Absolute Gem

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 09:00:15 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I am always on the look out for new TV series that have substance/quality/good acting and sometimes a bit of just madness. I just finished True Detective and thought that was one of the best writing I have ever had the privilege to watch on TV, better than Breaking Bad (Don't shoot me). Also a massive fan of The Wire/Boardwalk Empire/Supernatural/Game of Thrones/Sherlock etc. The reason I mention these shows is to give you a understanding of the type of shows I watch and I can happily say that BANSHEE IS NOW AMONG THEM!! Banshee incorporates great acting from the two leads (Anthony Starr & Ivana Milicevic). You actually believe there story and as the series progresses (especially the 2nd season) you truly get a feeling of what they have gone through and that kind of relationship makes great viewing The rest of the characters are fantastic as well, from the young Amish girl who only wants to fit in somewhere but at the same time cant help to rebel (Sleeping with Hood & Killing Alex) to the transsexual IT guru that cant help to make ya smile when going off on one to Hood to Carrie's Ukrainian mobster who plays the role as villain/loving father absolutely perfect (disagree? wait till the last episode of season 2) I notice a lot of people saying this is ridiculous with all the sex/violence/plots etc but you have to bare in mind this is produced and directed as a type of comic reveal as part of cinemax's original development project.

After Season 1 you are left with questions regarding some seemingly plot holes but trust me finish season 2 and they will answer most of them for you, leave you with some still unanswered questions and open up brand new ones for you which personally I think is an excellent way to do a show and keep you wanting more.

Banshee is definitely one to watch, cant wait for series 3

score 10/10

graeme_moore1 19 March 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2982298/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部