View: 69|Reply: 0

Like Reading The Books All Over Again - A Magical Experience

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 08:33:26 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This review does contain minor spoilers.

Wow. After years of waiting this is a real treat. I've never experienced anything like this show where it is an almost exact feeling of the books. It's magical. The casting is terrific, the addition of Jacqueline was great as I love her character and can't wait to see more of her. Originally I thought she was going to be Kit Snicket but that was not the case, which makes me want to see more of the mystery that Daniel Handler and the team at Netflix have created.

In response to several reviews, one in particular who talked about the parents being alive. You clearly did not watch the entire season, as they were not the Baudelaire parents. I won't spoil the very pleasant twist to a mystery and backstory on characters readers of the book love. I do hope we get more of the Quagmire story than in the books.

It's absolutely terrific and much better than the 2004 movie adaption. For the people who said they liked that movie, I have to ask why as it was so far off from the books it was like fan fiction. I was always annoyed by how they did not have Klaus wearing glasses in the movie and that alone would mean they could have never made a sequel to that movie as the central plot to Miserable Mill is glasses.

I also love how they are teasing the backstory on Snicket who is just as much of a character in the books as the Baudelaires but his role and family's role come much later in the series. It is also nice to see VFD so forefront from the very beginning.

Daniel Handler who is actually Lemony Snicket, wrote the show and is the executive producer so to the other reviewers who claim to have read the books I seriously doubt that. This is his vision coming to life and we should all be so appreciative to be part of this amazing time. These books and show not only created an amazing mystery but create a love for literature, grammar and going to the library. They make reading fun and it is sad to see people who obviously did not read the books insult this masterpiece of a show.

The show will also go darker. The first three books were never dark. Book four was the turning point after five we go into more of the mystery, more deaths, and more character development with Olaf's troupe.

Another review said Mr. Poe grew annoying. He was exactly like that in the books. The Baudelaires ALWAYS told him how about Olaf and he would always ignore them and put them in another horrible situation. So yes, he is that stupid. That is his character and you won't see him much after The Austere Academy.

I do hope we see tidbits and additions from the prequel series All The Wrong Questions, The Unauthorized Autobiography, The Beatrice Letters (which is sort of mentioned) Horseradish, Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid, and 13 Words. Daniel said the show will only be three seasons but there is so much material that this can extend for years to come.

This is nothing short of a magical treat that will make all of the true fans of the series cry from nostalgia and bring you back into this whimsical world of Lemony Snicket.

score 10/10

apero-58534 14 January 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3619702/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部