View: 56|Reply: 0

24 For the PC Liberal Generation

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 08:25:20 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Forget the story line because it doesn't have one. It is just every PC token character that they can fit into a role. Token lead black man, token gay man, token strong female, dumb white male (unless he's gay then he's a computer genius). Like everything that seems to hit our screens or theatres, the plot is forgotten by the writers and instead they concentrate on a show that ticks boxes for some liberal agenda, then cash in on a successful franchise like 24. It's a real shame for 24 fans, because they could have made a great show with a new set of actors and really turned it into a "legacy". Instead this feels terrible, the roles feel forced, loaded with the usual stereotypes and you don't actually care about what happens to the characters. The "writers" if you can call them that seem to have just thrown any plot line out of the window and written a show around how many PC agenda boxes they can tick. If they can get away from their silly agenda and start writing a decent show, they might be able to make a success of it. The only thing is as it stands now, they will have to write out half of the characters, starting with the lead role and replace him with someone else. He doesn't suit the Jack Bauer role at all. His acting is wooden, it isn't believable, he would have made a good support actor, but he definitely isn't a lead actor in my opinion. Honestly, I really wish the writers on not just this show, but all of them can start writing shows that have a plot, content and something that grips you and drop the whole PC nonsense. 24 was an Emmy award winning show, always in the nominations, which highlights how well the old show was written. If this one carries on in this vain, forget about winning any awards, I can't see this lasting past this season. A shame really when there is clearly a market for a show like this.

score 5/10

colinsiterecruitment 31 March 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3675006/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部