View: 52|Reply: 0

Same problem as almost any other series out there - lack of a good plot ( I'd be happy with a decent plot )

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 08:25:18 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
First of all I want to condole the families of the victims of yesterday evening's attack in London. If the western world wants to prevent terrorism, the agencies need to be much more competent than CTU is in this series.

I liked watching the original series, but after season 1 it didn't get any better. More of the same. What was one of it's selling points was the length of it. The story was spread over 24 episodes and therefore there unfolded a somewhat believable story line with back stories to give it some meaning and purpose. 24: Legacy puts in the same amount of action in halve the time and therefore lacking a interesting narrative.

It's almost if they put action scenes after one another. That is why I don't have faith in 4D-cinema. I'm afraid this is yet another nail in the coffin of a good story line.

What bothered me also was that it felt like a love story. Most of the peoples actions where a result of their loved ones being threatened. Apparently when there is a serious thread to national security CTU hold a open house to everyone who want to come and visit.

Luckily there wasn't a mole at CTU but that was 'compensated' by a plot line of American government officials kidnapping a little girl as leverage fore future terrorists attacks.

About the real time thing. A woman is strapped in a bomb vest. You are asking her whom is it they are holding her leverage over. She is hysterical and doesn't answer but when you begin to dismantle the bomb she is calm-ish. Maybe this is the time to ask her again why it is that she is wearing the vest and whom the terrorists are using inside CTU. But no, we wait till the vest is dismantled and so wasting precious time and risk the vest blowing the woman into the sky and get an answer, if any, much later.

All in all I was glad the last episode ended.

score 2/10

marcel-hagels 3 June 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3722974/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部