View: 25|Reply: 0

12 Monkeys Starts With a Bang

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:23:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I think this TV series--by Syfy--needs to be judged separately from the Bruce Willis film with the same name. Since I never saw the film, I can only judge the series on its own merits. At this point, I have seen the first two episodes.

There is no slogging through a dense back-story with this show. It immediately jumps into the action and does not slow.

Zeljko Ivanek has recently played a series of evil and/or conniving men in TV series (see "Madam Secretary", "Suits", and "Revolution" for example). In "12 Monkeys", he plays Leland Goines, a scientist being hunted by James Cole (Aaron Stanford, formerly on "Nikita")--who has been sent from thirty years in the future--for extermination.

When Cole arrives in the past (2013), he meets Dr. Cassandra Railly (the amazing Amanda Schull, who was also in "Suits" and the film "Center Stage" ) and tries to convince her that he truly is from the future and that the Earth is in peril.

The show does a great job of keeping the timelines understandable. And like other well-written time travel dramas (e.g. "Terminator"), "12 Monkeys" intends to make the overlapping time actions consistent with one another. But where other stories try to avoid the time paradox, "12 Monkeys" embraces paradox and uses it as a plot point.

With good characters, non-stop action, and an engaging story, this show promises lots of fun.

Update at the end of the series: What a wild ride! I am increasing my grade to 10.

score 10/10

atlasmb 17 January 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3164161/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部