View: 75|Reply: 0

Was good until Season 3

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 05:59:32 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 5/10

*This review has vague criticisms to prevent spoilers.*

The first two seasons were really good. In fact, if I were to rate these two seasons alone, I would give them a 10. I admired that there was a diverse set of characters in the cast. The characterizations and the backstories were excellent. However, I have a serious problem with Piper and all of her white privilege. At first, I'm like "okay, good that they show that white people have privilege." But after a while, it gets exhausting and disgusting. Not to mention that a year is way too long to have to wait for the new season. Every six months is more preferable.

Not only that, but the show fell off a bit in Season 3. I understand that everything can't be great all the time, but the spark just was not there. And Season 4? Don't get me started.

There was a lot of unsettling things going on in Season 4. There were racial slurs thrown around, racist symbols, etc. As a black woman, it made me extremely uncomfortable. It was hard for me to get through this season, but I pushed through because I didn't want to give up on what started out as a good show. Nearly every episode of Season 4 has some sort of disturbing aspect. For example, perpetrators of crimes get undeserved sympathy. And despite this show being about an all-women prison, it really has a problem with unhealthy lesbian relationships. The depressing stuff was overdone, and the only positive thing about it was ruined.

Three more things: 1. THIS SHOW HAS NO REGARD FOR BLACK PEOPLE! 2. THE WRITING STAFF IS NOT DIVERSE AT ALL! 3. NO ONE CARES ABOUT PIPER AND ALEX ANYMORE!

I hope that Season 5 will "undo" the heartache in S3 & S4 for the sake of those that are still watching. I personally DO NOT plan to watch it. NOPE!

ohdonna-84161 14 August 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3525255/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部