View: 68|Reply: 0

Quickly Degrading

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 05:59:32 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 1/10

Season 1 was a refreshing experience. An innocent educated woman sentenced to jail makes up for a great story to tell. The plot is centered around Piper's troubles and tribulations in dealing with her new life as an inmate, it made me curious enough to watch the whole season, and I liked it. Season 1 turned out to be very successful, the dramatic/comic entertainment value was undeniable.

Season 2.

Eager to cash in in their success, the producers must have felt the need to extend the life of the series. Their approach is to develop circumstantial characters as part of the main plot. Risky business!

So, we are no longer following Piper, but a bunch of other uninteresting characters that completely change the entertaining tempo of season 1. The intent is to slow down the show in order to cash in their success. The problem is that they have transformed an interesting story into an inmates soap opera. They attempt to provide continuity by maintaining a similar comical approach to rough situations, and by the already established sexual tensions, mainly on the lesbian side.

I watched season 1 in 2 days, but I can't watch back to back season 2 episodes, I have lost a lot of interest as I feel manipulated by a degrading plot that no longer appeals to me at any level. I am half way into season 2, and I doubt that I will finish it.

manolo-webmaster 10 June 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3031738/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部