View: 63|Reply: 0

Shock factors should never be deliberate

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 05:59:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 1/10

The one star is for some of the characters in this, it is no doubt full of talented actors and actresses but I find a lot of the sex, nudity in this series is put in there deliberately for shock factor and it overtakes from any substantial story line. Unlike Breaking Bad, this is not a dark comedy that is effective in combining profound serious issues with humour. It fails at this remarkably in my opinion. I have watched other incredible films that revolve or have a central focal point around homosexuality - like Brokeback Mountain and Monster - these films do not come across as trying too hard to be eclectic because there's a holistic component to the entire story and its depth. They simply just tell the story and the story stands for itself. I guess what I mean is that it is pretty obvious to a viewer when nudity and sex scenes (be they same sex or not) are trying too hard to be shocking or eclectic to increase viewer ship and it gets in the way of the story. It's just trying to be too funny, too different and too deliberate with trying to appeal to men's girl on girl fantasies that the story loses substance.

mariamakesmusic 16 August 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2852077/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部