View: 68|Reply: 0

A little confusing, but something fresh.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-10-2020 11:46:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
WARNING: Spoilers. I watched this mainly for Eddie Izzard because I love his stand-up, and I was not disappointed. There's a compelling plot-line centered around this gypsy-like con-artist family and the bigger family they belong to. After Wayne Malloy (Izzard) gets into a fight with the boss of the family, he steals cash belonging to the boss or family, I wasn't quite clear on that, and he and his wife Dahlia (Driver) take off in their old RV with their daughter and two sons. Fellow members of their 'family' run into them at a gas station, and after a little conflict, two RVs are chasing one another. The RV not belonging to the Malloys forces a car off the road, and they flee. Wayne decides to try and help whoever was in the car, and instead he finds a dead woman and her husband, still alive though he dies soon after from a piece of wood that impaled his heart. Long story short, Wayne finds a paper belonging to the man, Douglas Rich, entailing the new home he has bought in a planned community. Wayne takes his cash, credit cards, and ID before having his family assist him in pushing the car and its occupants into a lake. Wayne decides that it's time for his family to live the American dream, so they pose as the Riches and move into their home. Over all, it's a satisfying plot with some laughs and also some deeper drama. I would recommend that anyone give it a try, I'm certainly glad I did.

score 9/10

meegaan1 12 March 2007

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1616924/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部