View: 68|Reply: 0

We are on a journey with these Travelers--Hang on!

[Copy link]
25-10-2020 11:46:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I am a big fan of Eddie Izzard and find his comedy remarkably insightful and clever. So, when I first heard the premise of "The Riches" a while back, I dreaded the thought that he would be in a sitcom akin to another version of "The Beverly Hillbillies." However, when I saw the pilot last week I was mesmerized by the quality of the acting and writing; and the concepts that were spring-loaded into this first episode. It was like reading a great novel when virtually the entire story is laid before you early on, but the art and craft comes in the characters pulling the pieces apart and then putting them back together, saying: "If you come with us on this journey, you will have some questions and confusion. At times we might make you laugh, or we might break your heart. You might not always like what you see, but you will never be bored." This is what "The Riches" promised the viewer in that first episode. After viewing the second episode last night, I believe they intend to keep that promise.

As a longtime TV viewer I have watched many a new show, digging through the dreck and the dross, seeking gold. I believe there is gold in "The Riches."

score 10/10

gillespiesw 20 March 2007

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1625618/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部