View: 74|Reply: 0

Mixed Feelings!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-10-2020 11:46:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have to say that I was really excited for this show to appear last night but I have to say that I have mixed feelings about the whole premise of Gypsy Travelers roaming the American South in prey of loot on us buffers. I think Eddie Izzard is brilliant as Wayne and I like Minnie Driver as Dahlia. As a couple, they have a lot of chemistry. I just love Eddie Izzard now. He can make me believe anything but somehow it's all hard to swallow. For example, he cons his way into a class reunion with his teen daughter and young son who likes dressing his older sister's clothes. Didn't anybody notice that he brought his kids while nobody else did. After all, it's kind of hard to believe that buffers are that dumb in general or they wouldn't have more. After almost getting busted by a cop on the road, they head to pick up Dahlia for a family reunion and a celebration of her release from prison. Anyway, Wayne steals from the Godfather of the Gypsy Travelers's safe because the heir has already fixed his teen daughter up to be married to a slightly slow relative for marriage in the fall. The Malloys take off after running into relatives. Dahlia is considered Gypsy royalty whatever that means and Wayne is not. They are fortunate to witness a terrible car accident who takes the lives of Mr. and Mrs. Rich who were on their way to their new home in a gated community. Wayne or Doug has a plan to move his family into the new digs. Will they fit in? No, but they plan on trying to live a normal life whatever that means. I just have trouble believing that the producers didn't have a character with some moral conscience. Of course, it's only a show and it is to be entertaining but I was hoping for so much more but I love Eddie Izzard now.

score 8/10

Sylviastel 13 March 2007

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1620465/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部