View: 67|Reply: 0

Lame-o! **mild spoilers**

[Copy link]
9-5-2020 02:25:12 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I won't give away too much plot, but I think we can safely say that this, in the grand Nick tradition, sucks.

Now it's not the worst show on Nick; "Chalk Zone", "The Fairly Oddparents", and (shudder) Buttuglymartians . . . take your pick.  No matter how bad this show is, those three are still ten times worse.

That said, let's get down to insultin' it.

The humor is atypical "clean humor", i.e., not funny at all, unless you're six years old.  Now, though I do find some (well-written or presented) gross-out or crude humor funny, but it's not the only kind of humor I like.  How 'bout satire, or dry humor?  "Dilbert" (the comic strip; I haven't had the fortune to see the TV series yet), for example, hardly ever uses profanity and vulgarity, and yet is still hilarious because it knowns what it's talking about.  The "Blackadder" serieses, in spite of occasional sexual humor (and a good bit of profanity), is usually extremely funny without resorting to "Ren and Stimpy"-esque gross-outiness.  "The Simpsons" in their heyday (again, despite the character's acid tongues) were hilarious because they were satirizing America in general; only in recent years have they REALLY gone down hill.

But this show.  This . . . show . . . sucks.

It's as funny as being shot in the head with a Parrot gun (a huge rifled type of siege artillery for those of you who aren't Civil War geeks) POINTBLANK with solid shell AND canister!

The humor is aimed, obviously, at three year olds.  None of the wisecracks, characters, or sight gags are the least bit funny ("Normal Jimmy" rivals every one of the the "Butt Ugly Martians" eps as one of the worst episodes a TV show has ever produced).  All of the adults are idiots, but the kids (supposedly the "heroes") are equally stupid (even "genius" Jimmy).

The trivia that Carol Lawrence (who plays Sandy Cheeks on "Spongebob Squarepants") is Cindy Vortex does not sway my view at all for two reasons. 1.: I have learned that just because a good actor is in a film/TV show/et al, doesn't mean it's good (practically ANYTHING with Jim Cummings these days, a good many John Wayne films, "Hang 'Em High", "High Plains Drifter", "The Lost World", et al); and 2) I don't particularly like Sandy anyway.

Two stars because, as God-awful as it is, I've still seen worse . . . MUCH worse.

score /10

Hancock_the_Superb 8 November 2002

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0877552/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部