View: 47|Reply: 0

I grew up with this show.

[Copy link]
29-4-2020 02:58:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I remember episodes that to this day tug at my heartstrings. One was where they document the travels of a piece of discarded Christmas wrapping paper, another was when a pair of gloves decide to split and try to make it on their own. And one was where Slappy Squirrel has an episode and her nephew Skippy feels so distraught and helpless.And then there was the movie where Dot seemingly 'dies'. Even as a 7 year old boy, I learned what it meant to feel humbled.

And then I think about what's on weekdays and Saturday mornings nowadays. Spongebob Squarepants. Loonatics. And a thousand and one kinds of unoriginal anime. They will never hold a candle to the days when the Warner Brothers, and the Warner sister, ruled the golden screen and entertained millions of children. Through laughter and the occasional tear, kids could enjoy a program that didn't belittle their blossoming intelligence. And this was a show that both kids and parents could share a few laughs here and there, something that rarely happens these days when both parents have to work.

I checked what's on around the 300pm to about 500pm schedule after school and realized that there are no more cartoons outside of cable. There's no more after school specials. What do kids get instead after a long day at school to cheer them up?

"Reba". "My Wife and Kids". "King of Queen". "Dr. Phil".

It seems that the days of wit, charm, slapstick, and heart are lost to those in cartoonland, and apparently, so is the Wheel of Morality.

score 10/10

josephtheowl 28 December 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1556039/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部