View: 50|Reply: 0

Animaniacs Clearly Misses The Mark Of Cartoon Excellence

[Copy link]
29-4-2020 02:58:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Even though I thought that the animation side of things for these Animaniacs cartoons was really very good, indeed - I considered its 3 principle characters (Yakko, Wakko & Dot) to be quite repulsive and, yes, unnecessarily mean-spirited in nature.

These 3 annoying, over-the-top goof-balls completely lacked the much-needed charm and general likability that was clearly evident with the original, Looney Tune cartoon characters from Warner Bros. (such as Bugs Bunny, Tweetie Bird, Sylvester, Porky Pig, etc., etc.) in those golden years of yesterday.

Due to the decidedly nasty cynicism and blatant sexual innuendo generously mixed into many of the Animaniacs' story-lines, I personally felt that these cartoons were, undoubtedly, a questionable choice for the viewing of young, impressionable children.

And, as far as being suitable viewing for the likes of myself (an adult) - I found Wakko, Yakko & Dot (not very original names) to be so childishly cruel in their shenanigans that their overall presence quickly became too exhausting and downright stupid to hold onto my undivided attention for more than just a few measly minutes.

Of course, you, yourself, might feel otherwise about Animaniacs. And, with that I say "To each their own, man. To each their own." - Right?

score 4/10

strong-122-478885 15 October 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2887669/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部