View: 50|Reply: 0

Overall it is a winner and deserves to be a winner.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
29-11-2019 07:13:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
The feel of the books was captured. I am happy with Titus playing Bosch, he nailed it. Good job on his house on the hill looking down on LA and keeping true to his love of jazz. Great background music. In the books, Harry does not drop the "F" bomb like you are doing in this episode. I hope that quits because Michael Connolly wrote with many more words and expressions other than the repeated use of the bomb. Good stories do not need to be inundated with vulgarity. Yes, he did use it on occasion, but only on occasion. Some of the dialog was low and difficult to follow so I will have to watch it again. I read both books, The Concrete Blonde and City of Bones and I am fascinated that the pilot should be a combination of the stories. I am assuming that should the series continue then they will fork off and get more into depth. Each story was very good, especially The Concrete Blonde. I like the idea that Michael Connolly is hands-on with this production so the integrity of his books is maintained. Like I stated earlier, I think the writers can deliver more dialog without resorting to vulgarity so much. I realize that these are cops and the language can get rough, but Connolly gets the toughness across without the constant use of vulgarity. Sorry if I keep on that same theme, but honestly, that is my biggest complaint for the pilot. Otherwise, I would have rated it a 10.

score 9/10

supernana3 18 February 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2967833/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部