View: 45|Reply: 0

A solid start with an excellent cast

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
29-11-2019 07:13:22 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Gotta remember that what we all are reviewing now is a pilot and pilots have specific missions: to set up genre, mood & character

Bosch begins sharp and cleanly. It clearly establishes it's well-cast characters and their relationships to each other.

Titus Welliver plays the title character exceptionally well. His backstory is subtly revealed in the occasional dialog bit & look. The culmination of all this at the end is nerve-wracking. The other actors brought into play his co-workers and adversaries are splendid as well. I was especially pleased to see Alan Rosenberg turn up.

I imagine there will probably be a couple performances/relationships that will get tweaked, but that's to be expected....it's a pilot. But, there is absolutely nothing that screams out or even whispers "I was a bad idea, cut me"

The pilot starts the show with two concurrent story arcs, both of which are fairly represented and balanced.

It's nice modern version of the hard-boiled detective. Note: I have not (yet) read the books, so I have no idea if its faithful to them at all, but I enjoyed the heck out of it. I really hope it gets picked up.

score 10/10

KarinaGW 24 February 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2967831/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部