View: 46|Reply: 0

I eventually lost interest, but it was fun for a while

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 11:11:29 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
For several years during the 1990s, R.L. Stine wrote and published many books in his "Goosebumps" series. I used to like to read some of these books, when I was around ten years old, and eventually, I discovered this "Goosebumps" TV show, which I enjoyed watching for a while. I eventually went off both the books and the TV series (late in 1997, when I was eleven years old), but I can't deny the fact that I was once a fan.

There's not much to say about the plot of this show. Basically, all I can say about it is that the programme was an adaptation "Goosebumps" book series, so the episodes were horror stories for kids.

For a while, R.L. Stine would pump out "Goosebumps" books very quickly, so quickly not all of the stories could have been that focused. This suggested that the author was money-hungry. Some of the stories you could tell were ridiculous just by the title, such as "The Blob That Ate Everyone". Since this show was an adaptation of the books, the cheesiness from the books (or at least from some of them) obviously showed here. The show may have had more problems that that (it has been too long for me to be able to tell).

Some might consider episodes of this show bad adaptations of the books. For me, it's been a while, and I don't know exactly how the two compared. I don't have as much memory of the "Goosebumps" books and TV show as certain others who were fans back in the 1990s, so I can't write the most insightful review. I do, however, know that I probably wouldn't think much of the show right now (I'm not sure about some of the books). Well, the books and the show definitely deserve some credit for how many kids they entertained back in the day, but I believe that "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" was a superior show.

score /10

Electrified_Voltage 28 August 2007

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1720363/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部