View: 39|Reply: 0

Great Horror Stories For Kids Six To 10!

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 11:11:28 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
As per my other reviews on "Children's Horror" (Children's Fair) this series should NOT be compared with its adult counterparts...but, yet, it is!?!? WHY?

Children's shows and stories of all sorts always get trashed by adult reviewers who compare them to their own adult shows and stories. Reasonably, and, simply, you cannot compare this series (geared for little children) with the likes of "Tales From The Crypt;" "The Twilight Zone;" "Tales From The Darkside;" "The X Files;" etc. because it doesn't scare or intrigue adults! That's reasonably and simply stupid!

This series ("Goosebumps") is for little kids...the others I mentioned are for older teens and adults. Anyone comparing "Goosebumps" to these others, and, I've read the comments, is being unfair and uneducated. I'd be nice if a seven-year-old would comment, but, it's always adults!?!? It's like comparing "H.R. Pufnstuf" to "Jurassic Park" because they both have dinosaurs; or, "Scooby Doo, Where Are You" to "Cujo" because they're both about a dog!?!? STUPID!

I had a girlfriend years ago whose little son watched this (and, read the books). Being curious and never hearing of the series, I asked about it. She told me that "It's monster stories for little kids."

Then, years later, when my own Son began watching this, I took a particular interest and watched with him.

YES! They're not at all scary nor nail-biting...for an adult. However...they're great short-stories with 'just enough' fright to interest a young child. That's a great thing!

I started my Son out with "The Teletubbies" when he was tiny (Science-Fiction for kiddies). Then came "Scooby Doo" (with cartoon monsters and ghosts). Then it was "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" and "The Little Rascals" (both have creative stories for children). Then it went to this, that, and, the other thing which eventually brought me here to "Goosebumps."

People (adults) write bad comments about "Goosebumps" - 'bad acting;' 'not scary;' 'terrible props;' 'lousy effects;' 'silly stories;' etc. But...do you really believe that little kids care about all of that!?!? Little kids don't see any of that, they just love the show! Does that count? It should.

If you're an opinionated and rotten adult (or, parent) who can't see beyond his/her own expectations and immature selfishness in lieu of a child; and, that this is a "KIDS" horror series and scary and exciting for them...you shouldn't even comment at all!

As a responsible adult, this show doesn't scare me at all, and, I give it "SIX STARS!" (I cannot think below a 'six-star' level when children are involved!).

Yet...as a Dad who gradually brought his own Son into loving horror and Science-Fiction, and, "Goosebumps" was one of those gradual steps, I sincerely give this series (and, the books) a solid "TEN STARS!"

When adults review a children's show...review it as if you are a child, not an adult! It makes much more sense, and, it's much more fair! :)

score 10/10

gilligan1965 19 March 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3665790/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部