View: 59|Reply: 0

GIRLS - Overrated

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 10:23:54 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I admired Lena Dunham when she had her success with TINY FURNITURE - I didn't like the movie, but I was impressed she wrote,directed and starred in her little indie and got such amazing press for it. Good for her - but now with GIRLS - again, huge success but everything that left me cold in her film does the same with her HBO series. First off, I don't think Dunham is that good of an actress - she has this sing song manner that I find irritating and as a writer - I find that she is kind of lazy - it seems like when she gets stuck in writing a scene and doesn't know what to do - she'll just write in an awkward, humiliating sex scene and boom - wow - it's like life man! Yes, I know things like this happen in life and there are girls and boys like this in life, but that doesn't make it entertainment. There's also child rape and animal cruelty but that doesn't mean it should be a series - hey wait a minute!!! But seriously, Dunham seems to think she can just write something shocking or vulgar and pass it off as insight. The show is incredibly overrated to me - I find the emperor has no clothes! Literally!

score 1/10

shark-43 19 March 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2769766/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部