View: 64|Reply: 0

The average "low budget, low effort, low inspiration" kind of show...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 09:22:18 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It's not the first time I have to deal with a bad Pilot. And I know how to recognize shows with potential but bad Pilots, this show isn't one of them.

It was painfully average and generic in its way to be painfully average and generic. Yeah, that kind of bad. It's my first review and I created an account here just to warn people, seeing the popularity of this newborn show growing way too much for what it is.

"This guy is the uninteresting generic main male character","this one is the generic young sympathetic guy","this one is going to die really soon","this one is going to be useless drama","...and this one is the usual 'nice sidekick-potential traitor-friendly character"... Those were my thoughts throughout the entire pilot.

The realization is uninspired but tries to be (with long boring shots trying to install ambiance and aesthetic, you know, like in good shows, but done bad). The sound effects are far away, the musics are... well honestly they just aren't. And here comes the funniest part: The Montage. (with a big M for Mediocre):

Fight scenes are cut randomly, leaving funny (sad) shots of actors, standing still for a fraction of seconds, waiting for the other to hit so he can parry, or useless shots of someone moving all over the place to simulate a sense of action and agitation when there's obviously none.

All characters are blank: 0 charisma, 0 inspiration, really unequal acting performances etc etc. All you can basically expect about a Bad Show is there.

And I can't even say it's "mindlessly pass the time" kinda bad. It's "please end the episode so I can watch something else" kinda bad.

To wrap it up: you can really find better. Not all show are good or even done better than this, but at least most of them have a soul...

PS: Oh, by the. You see the title of the show ? Yes, well, forget it, it does not mean anything.

score 1/10

lexa-65813 12 August 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3526002/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部