View: 45|Reply: 0

High quality television

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 09:10:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've seen the original Swedish/Danish version, and I actually didn't like it that much. The thing that put me off was the Saga Noren (Sonya in US version) character which was annoying and unsympathetic. I know she has Asbergers, and I find it very unlikely that a person with her social skill set and the inability to communicate and "read" someone's face would make a great detective. Kim Bodnia's character was really great though, but I like almost everything he plays in.

That being said, I gave the American version a chance. The different setting (US/Mexican border instead of Swedish/Danish border) and the focus on the corruption and killings on the Mexican side, as well as the different actors made it more interesting for me.

The acting is top notch, both from Demian Bichir and from Diane Kruger. I still don't like the Sonya character, but she's less extreme in the American version, and she's a great portrayal of a person with Asbergers as far as I can tell.

I'm a big fan of slow moving realistic crime dramas and thrillers, and I understand the connection people make with "The Killing", one of the best TV series ever made. What I don't understand, is the connection people are making with "Breaking Bad". I can't find anything comparable, except for the high quality of the show.

All in all, give "The Bridge" a shot, and if you're not sure you like it or not, then watch the number 2 episode as well. It just gets better and better.

score 8/10

bueandre 7 August 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2846730/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部