View: 51|Reply: 0

More like forgettable!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 09:00:40 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
What do you get when you throw together two mediocre actors, add them into a cop show and come up with a very unusual 'gift' for one...That show would be unforgettable, which is sadly, quite forgettable.

The pilot episode was woeful, the storyline was mundane and I didn't feel any connection to it, to the point that I couldn't care less what happened at the end, although I could have easily written it.

The pilot did play up the main issue for Poppy Montgomery's character, which is that her sister was murdered and she cannot remember anything about it and the killer has not been caught. We presume this is due to some kind of post traumatic stress, but to be honest, it doesn't really make sense.

My main issue with the show is probably the memory 'thing', at the start she recalls, in perfect vividness, a date many years ago and a football score, a drug that was invented etc. Yet later in the show, despite meeting him shortly after the scene, she fails to recognise her memory in which she has previously seen the killer till near the end. This is further compounded by the scene in which she states that she left the police force because the memories were too much to bear because she cant forget anything, and in fact recalls everything graphically.

Of course this is the first episode, it may prove to work better the more it goes on, so long as the story lines make sense and you can backtrack and connect the dots, unfortunately, if the storyline continues in the vain that it is used to connect the latter pieces of the puzzle only, then this will die a death and quickly.

For me, this is plain lazy script writing. I also note that the writer worked on without a trace, which presumably is why Poppy was chosen to 'star'. If I had been casting, I would have gone with unknown actors.

score 1/10

jonmccann 21 September 2011

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2491682/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部