View: 64|Reply: 0

Weeds start off great then goes south fast

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 08:42:44 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I give this series 3 out of 10 for good writing and acting in the first four seasons only. Afterwards the series was an absolute joke. In the beginning the series was funny, dramatic and the good acting helped keep the interest/ suspense going. Then in the later seasons, especially the last three, the whole series goes to crap. In the beginning the characters were believable and in the later episodes they are not believable at all. Kevin Nealon isn't funny anymore after season 5 and neither is Andy. Celia's good acting is wasted on stupid plots, Shane becomes annoying at best and Silas is whinny as is Andy and all the good story lines fizzle after an episode or two. The acting disappears completely and the story line is all over the place. Doug's character has no purpose after season 5. Andy's character is back and forth being in love with Nancy and being in love with someone else and then they ditch the whole idea, like they were just using the story as filler. Silas's character is good throughout and even in the end ,unlike most of the characters, but like the other characters nothing comes of it at all, him having a different dad and going to college could have been good but was wasted. Shane's character is a huge mess. Not interesting, disturbing and annoying by the end. The villains are all soft and incredibly stupid. Its like an Austin powers or 007 movie, where you're wondering how many times they are going to fall for the same Nancy tricks. Nancy, to her credit, does the best she can with her roles but even her story lines are beyond saving. At the end I don't know whether to root for her or get mad that she got away with everything.

The logic of the episodes don't make sense and is somewhat insulting to the viewer. When they are on the run in season 6, in one episode they are out of money then in the next episode they have plenty of money then the following episode they are buying an RV? All the credit cards that are maxed out are no big deal, even when they withdraw 10 grand at a grocery store. Yeah OK. Then Nancy is on an amber alert, they steal like four cars, relocate several times, run into countless amounts of trouble, yet somehow they keep getting away and the gang keeps following Nancy. Fake passport no problem, even traveling outside of the country oh and then returning is no big deal either. How are they getting paid at the hotel with out SS #s and bank accounts? How many lucky drug deals can a pot dealer get? Its like the law of common sense/street smarts doesn't apply to the bot-win family. Making hash in a washer in a hotel please. They simplify every process and activity like anyone could do it and that makes in not believable. A post office guys steals a whole bag of money (from work..?) for Nancy because he is still in love with her from high school when she was 14 and yet he is the only one that gets caught in an airport? Richard Dreyfuss can only repeat stupid meaningless lines for three episodes, wow.

A journalist can find them on the run but not the FBI or the Mexican mob, even when she returns home! Half way house episode when she tests positive for drugs yet doesn't go back to prison, then they give her son back after she is convicted of manslaughter. Is this America they are in or Russia? Really how could the writing get so bad. Why not give them superpowers while you're at it, you don't give a hoot about any other details that make sense or are plausible. Seasons 1-4 were at least believable.

I knew I was done caring about the series in the seventh season when in the first episode Esteban is killed in prison, yet Nancy is fine despite killing the major mob character of the Mexican mafia. Then immediately gets weapons to trade and jumps right back into the drug trade once released in NYC, not California, to a halfway house. Not believable at all and annoying at this point. I don't understand why throughout the last four seasons kohan paints Nancy as a psychopath, a drunk, a master manipulator, a killer and a terrible mother only to glorify her and let her off the hook constantly and have a happy ending? I watch to the end of the series hoping for some redeeming episodes or maybe some explanations only to be terribly disappointed and hating myself for having show loyalty for the last four seasons. Oh and lets not forget the fact that she and her family walk through every ethnic gang and rip countless people off only to escape every time only to do it all over again with another group and return home completely unharmed by the end. I know this is fiction but its written like a old school comic book with no attention to details just hoping people will faithfully watch and forget what happened the episode before. It might work once in a while but with so many holes in it I have to chalk it up to bad writing. Maybe thats why so many main characters disappeared after the fifth season.

I compare this series with other shows like breaking bad and you can tell the difference in writing and thats what makes weeds so bad. I can't believe this series lasted eight seasons only to have a terrible ending. I'm disappointed with the series to the point where I wouldn't recommend it to people. I think this series/ story had a good idea behind it and good acting in the beginning seasons but ultimately the writing and directing eventually put this show into the gutter.

score 3/10

dmick25 16 August 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2851815/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部