View: 51|Reply: 0

This cute anime has what Harry Potter lacks

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 08:12:12 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It is about many things, amongst them brotherly love, honour (you can't miss that in a Japanese film :) ), respect for life, etc... up to the meaning of life and death itself. But what I thought it started bringing into this world is what the Harry Potter books lacked: responsibility for your actions. You can't just do anything and not give something in return.

However, along with good ideas, nice animation, beautiful scenery and appropriate music, there were some elements that I hated more than anything. The women in this film needed a good spanking, each and every one of them. Things that were important for the characters were completely ignored because these women had a vision about good and bad and a lot of feelings to be resolved. Also the silliness was above the comfort level. I mean, can you really feel a movie if people keep making faces at each other and getting annoyed by insignificant things while wars and death and magic surrounds them?

OK, I understand that movies about responsibility are mostly directed towards children, but this could have been a more intense and with a wider success if the makers would have heightened the audience level a little.

Overall, though, it is a great show. I can best relate it to Inuyasha, less about romance, more about brotherly love, and set in a parallel 1920s.

Addendum: the series has a full length movie that really completes the whole show. I didn't feel it was part of the series, though, with a lot of characters out of... well, character, and some silly connection with Hitler and this side of the "Gate". Warning: seeing the movies without watching the series is pointless, you won't understand anything.

score 8/10

siderite 3 July 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1409313/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部