View: 64|Reply: 0

It doesn't get better, it gets worse

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 07:33:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I never care if a show is historically accurate or not as long as the show tells us. At the start of any episode they tell us that it is NOT historically accurate; so I see no reason why people complain about it that specifically.

However; the writing is utterly atrocious. All characters almost without exception are incredibly stupid. Shockingly stupid in fact so that you will keep wondering how they manage to find the correct end of a fork when they eat.

Whenever a new plot device appears you will probably also be facepalm at the stupidity of every single ludicrous detail they manage to add to the story.
I watched the whole first season because people said it would get better. It doesn't, it gets worse because the writers keep on painting themselves into a corner and have to invent previously unimagined and foolish plot devices just to keep the story running.

Much of the acting is quite well though. I especially liked Jim Carter as the Pope, Ed Stoppard as King Philip and Pádraic Delaney and Simon Merrells as templar knights. That doesn't mean that all their characters are well written.

score 2/10

trondshagen 19 October 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4407004/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部