View: 109|Reply: 0

It's not history but it is is entertainment worth watching.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 07:33:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
If you are really interested history of the Templers then you might try The Templars by Dan Jones, if you like your "history" rolled about in conspiracies and arcane myths with questionable respect for accuracy but "insight into the secret history" and ways the Templars influence leaders today then go for The Knights Templar by Conrad Bauer.

I doubt if there are many people who know anything about the Knights Templar, but if you like the look of a handsomely produced period piece set among the early 14th Century, then this is great to watch. There is intrigue, betrayal, sex, gore and all the usual stuff that makes Game of Thrones popular. When I say sex, don't expect nudity as this is the History Channel not HBO; but the battle scenes are well done.

Casting looks good and acting is fine. I can't say I recognize the cast except for Jim Carter who was Mr. Carson in Downton Abbey and plays Pope Boniface VIII here. Don't watch because you are expecting a history lesson any more than you would watch The Big Bang Theory to become a physicist. Basically, it is a well-done show with great sets and solid acting. Set your DVR.

score 9/10

pensman 8 December 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3876937/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部