View: 43|Reply: 0

The Night Shift: A series that started out a little rough, fixed itself up to be pretty good, but then fell right on its face in the final season.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 07:07:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm not surprised by the news of "The Night Shift" being canceled. I have been a loyal fan of "The Night Shift," but in the fourth season, the series really lost touch with its roots. The fourth season started out just okay, but by their fourth episode, it started going downhill. The show seemed it faced a bit of an identity crisis, as it couldn't decide whether or not it was military medicine or work back at home at Texas San Antonio night shift. I think the series peaked in its third season. Season three was near perfect, but the show's fourth season had too much going on (as I said, come the fourth episode and that point on).

"The Night Shift" always had the issue of balancing military-based stories and work at S.A.M., but it became much more obvious in the show's fourth season. I think part of it might have been sending T.C. back to Syria, while also introducing the new nurse (played by Mark Consuelos), while also following T.C.'s new love interest of the year (cue the eye roll). It got to be too much. If the series stayed in touch with it roots through season four and then got cancelled, I'd be upset; however, that just wasn't the case. I won't miss "The Night Shift." Not to mention most of us won't, as the ratings don't lie.

The show's first season was just average. The second season was an improvement. The third was great. And then it fell apart. I am sorry to say the showrunners and writers brought this on themselves. Going all over the place and ruining the core focus doomed a once good show. Had they continued along the paths of seasons two and three, they just might have made it to their fifth season.

After season one, I gave "The Night Shift" a 7.2/10. After season two, I gave it a 7.6/10. After the third season, I gave it an 8.1/10. If it was not for season four, I would probably give this show a solid 8.0, but it happened and I really dreaded the show's fourth season. I am now only convinced that all that goodness was for nothing. I give it a 1.0/10. I am really sorry to say this but it would have been best if the series ended in its third season. It would have ended on a major cliffhanger but on a really high note!

score 1/10

aaronredis 9 February 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4057262/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部