View: 56|Reply: 0

Somewhat Entertaining but Pretentious Load of ----.

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 06:49:37 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've watched the first 5 episodes so far and this is a review of the series up to this point. Let's brainwash the working peasant young people to worship and glorify the lazy snooty stick-up-the-a-- filthy rich because they're so much better than we are. Oh that's right we already have brainwashed them like this, but this show continues that process and ups it a notch.

And lets use inaccurate clichés about different things in life to further the brainwashing effect in the process, no spoilers so I won't give examples. And just when it looks like it might break away from the pretentiousness and be slightly more realistic or down to earth, it turns around and hits you over the head with more snobbery and pretentiousness. Yet despite despising all this, like a train wreck I can't seem to look away and I keep tuning in, which is why I give 4 stars. Even though I can't stand the fake pretentiousness it's still somewhat entertaining, but overall forgettable and nothing great.

In spite some reviewers saying that it's completely different than SATC it does use the same basic formula for the show. "Carrie Bradshaw" hanging out with her 3 friends but this time it's 2 girls and a guy. They spend a lot of time talking about relationships and sex while eating at restaurants like SATC. "Carrie" narrates the show like SATC. They show Carrie working on a diary instead of the newspaper article. They sometimes use the same camera angles and shots like showing Carrie from outside her window working on her diary while her voice narrates about life for the last shot of an episode, and other similarities to the original SATC.

score 4/10

northdallas2468 14 February 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2753561/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部