View: 47|Reply: 0

Its Watchable, Interesting But Typically Obvious & Way Too Lame

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:49:36 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I honestly believe from seeing it I think the pilot itself is quite interesting, It shows how Carrie's life was like in High School & how she was before she even turned 30! But lets be honest & say that their must of being some sort of face lift or car crash to make us believe that this is a young look alike to our well known Carrie from Sex & The City. There's even mention of her having a Family? There was no mention of her having a dad or even a Gothic sister in Sex & The City! I'll be honest the actress AnnaSophia Robb has a lot of potential but I believe she can do better then this, I liked the other actors as well that we're also in the lead roles, but I just felt like that the 80's timing was wrong, way over done & too prissy for the way all the guys we're shown in the pilot! Where we're the true 80's men's men with the testosterone? Plus it was inaccurate & no one wore cloths like that unless your a rich Hollywood star in the 80's. Plus this show has really bad influences of teaching a younger female teenage generation from 13 to 17 that it's okay to have sex when your young & it's okay to steal dresses if you having a fun time doing it. I just didn't care what was going on I liked the acting but the background & story was lame & typically obvious. Not perfect but interesting for how it's portrayed. I'll be honest I think this Carrie will not be as Crude as I thought she would be? Well shes not Crude at all. This version has morals. I was worried at first but this version is very different! Its more childish. Its like watching a nickelodeon show with a bit of character. I found it very quirky and mediocre but it worked for me. I am not going to be one of the people watching it day in and day out.. But people will like it in some way, but its not an adult show, it is it's own show. So problems will arise with the original fans being older and grown out of that generation of age gap. But to me this isn't for the true fans, there are gimmicks here and there.. but its not what their really focusing on in this show.

I think the fact its on the CW it might do well.. Because its not a very popular channel. So it might get a bit of attention.. Because this show is a prequel to something well known. But if it wasn't? It wouldn't be getting this much attention.. Hands down. I wouldn't say it will make up to 6 seasons or even two movies like they hope?! But it might make up to at least 2 Seasons because of the excitement. I wouldn't say this is movie worthy either or at all.. But it will give you happiness in a way.

But AnnaSophia Robb is no Sarah Jessica Parker hands down. So obviously the inaccurate link to Sex and the City is down a notch but it's following the novel to The Carrie Diaries.. but not all the way. I really think that this show is not for the true fans. To me this didn't even seem like a prequel! It was just an excuse to get more marketing.

I gave it 3 Stars because it's not the prequel that the fans we're asking for, it's not the same to the original show. I would of gave it 5 Stars for a stand alone show if it wasn't a prequel.

score 1/10

Mickjmor 14 June 2012

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2627198/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部