View: 70|Reply: 0

Very promising

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 06:34:32 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Normally I wouldn't recommend a show after only the first episode, I'd wait until it was over. But this new series has the makings of another well-done morality play. Not many of those these days. It's "Frankenstein" meets "Fahrenheit 451" meets "The Boys from Brazil." Lesson–just because we can do something, doesn't mean it's a wise thing to do. The perils can be legion and often unpredictable. The story begins with an overwrought dad buying a synth, which is a synthetic human, to be their housekeeper. His wife is none too pleased when she comes back from her business trip. He is played by Tom Goodman-Hill (Mr Grove on "Mr Selfridge"). His wife is played by Katherine Parkinson (Pauline on "Doc Martin"). William Hurt plays an older man who can't come to grips with the fact that his synth, whom he treats like a son, is wearing out. You'll want to watch it in order. It's a tele-novel. Catch up with On Demand or online. I find that with AMC shows, if you watch the airing prior to 10pm, it is cleaned up as far as language, nudity, etc, if there is any.

score 9/10

ChristyLeskovar 1 July 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3268368/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部