View: 69|Reply: 0

Intelligent series that looks at the place of humanity in a post AI world

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:34:31 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
First of all, let me address my 10 rating.
There is no such thing as perfection, but for me, a 10/10 rating means the show delivers everything one could hope for in all aspects (acting, storyline, plot, production) were exemplary.

I am making this review after having finished watching the first season, but there are no specific spoilers.

British TV delivers again in another solid character driven sci fi drama that addresses and questions many of the moral issues surrounding the morality surrounding the creation of human-like servants or even slaves, of where humans fit in a post AI world and of the possibility of the Singularity arriving in our lifetime.

Ostensibly, it follows the day to day impact of an android (whom the youngest child names Anita after a friend who moved) on the lives of the Hawkins family members.

However, as the story develops, we are lead into a world on the very cusp of a transition into the unknown with supporters and detractors both making very convincing and well argued cases as to why AI is a boon / threat.

While this is a commonly used sci-fi trope, what makes this show special is the humanity that the producers manage to inject into it. It never once lets technobabble or philosophy take away the reins from the excellent cast, making this a very personal quest to consider what would happen should humans lose their position of being the only sentient beings on the planet.

Intelligent watching with enough plot twists to keep you on your toes but not too highbrow or complex that we can no longer sympathise with the characters (human or otherwise) nor follow the story.

score 10/10

GraXXoR 23 January 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4041274/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部