View: 252|Reply: 3

This is not a good show irrespective of race portrayal.

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 06:31:18 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have been watching Tv and movies for over 50 years. I enjoy both English language and international (Subtitled) programmes because a good story is a good story irrespective of the language, gender or colour of the actors plying their craft. I want a diverse cast of players in my movies and programmes as a reflection of the world we all live in. I have a Netflix subscription and do binge watch programs as they are released and i do lean toward SciFi/Comic book type stuff. So Black lightning caught my eye. Mainly because black super heroes are so rare and curiosity as to how a black lead story would progress. The storyline is standard comic book stuff and the players all make the best of the material they are given except for China Ann McClain who is not a good actor in this story and really lets the whole ensemble down. She struggles to portray even "Day to day real life " situations and do feel sorry for the cast who have to react to her wooden performance. Not everyone can act and there is no shame in pursuing other forms paid work. Otherwise this story is ok but I would be surprised if their is another season.

score 2/10

adrianmichaelfrost 15 December 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4512803/

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
14-5-2020 15:43:42 Mobile | Show all posts
shut the fucc up fag
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads