View: 82|Reply: 0

The Eternal Flame (that was blown out)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:21:39 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I want to speak well for myself, and what I say has more meaning than the program for which I am writing. This show set standards once, not so long ago. It debuted with such power and timing as to be seen on no other television program. It was too good to be true, as it only got better with each episode. It was like an eternal flame, because it seemed to have a flame within itself, burning off such comic texture and entertainment, and that flame was far from over. The show had such promise, such dignity, and was a force to be reckoned with. But sometimes, when this happens, it can backfire. Being as good as it was, the show eventually peaked WAY TOO SOON. It was at the top, loved by all. The thing is, once something is at the top of the oder, where does it go? It has nowhere else to go but down...and that's what it did folks, it crashed and burned. The only reason I can think of as to why it is still a chart-topper, is because people still enjoy what they think they're seeing.

After the season 1 finale, the story lines became overdone, ludicrous, and tacky. Was not star Marcia Cross worried that a fate as probable as the ridiculous endings of "Melrose PL." could happen? In case she hasn't noticed...it has. The freshman season was so provocative and addictive because it was a satire on previous nighttime dramas, and look how far it was taken. Now, I can see a serious problem in the future. Cancellation?? No, that would be too obvious for a show like this. I can see this breaking all boundaries until there is nothing left. Take a look at the main audience, it is clear that a large base is mostly children. Because of sites as this one, and others on the net. I mean, for crying out loud, when I was 12-15, TV programs were risky and sultry, but only adults watched them because they were MADE FOR ADULTS. Now, media is sick and morally bankrupt, as more children are getting younger by the episode, and watching this show. Not only this, but they find it amusing. That is sad. It is all the more uneasy as ratings for motion pictures seem to have no impact either. What the heck is the country coming to?

As for the show, the flame was blown out way before the second season started. It can't get any better. It can get worse though. A lot worse.

Close your eyes, give me your hand.....

score /10

singthewee 24 January 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1274423/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部