Smart enough for adults

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 05:56:20 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 10/10

I am consistently surprised at how well written this show is; it takes a lot for me to become dedicated to a TV show, to the point where I watch every episode. Though this show is just as bizarre as Pee Wee's Playhouse or anything from Sid and Marty Krofft, its strength lies in its consistency and continuity, its identifiable humanity, its striking contrasts, and its irreverent, multi-level humor.

I wouldn't call this a children's show, since a lot of the one-liners are obviously aimed at adults. There are certain scenes that I have rewound to watch several times because they are so fresh and new, bringing to mind the observational humor of Gary Larson; for example, in one episode, a small bird lands on a window sill. When you expect it to chirp, instead it makes a sound like an alarm clock. This particular episode (about a snow goblin?) it so well written and animated that it should be in the museum of modern art. We see the goblin getting up in the morning, adjusting his eye, putting on a circle of sticks, and eating a bowl filled with a pear and acorns. It sounds strange, but the way the action plays out is such an odd but charming parallel to everyone's morning routine that you can't help smiling.

For anyone who wants to see a completely and fully formed world, filled with characters who develop from one episode to the next just like a non-animated program, and writing better than any reality show, check out Adventure Time. It's not just for kids!

bregund 1 April 2012

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2590378/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部