View: 122|Reply: 0

Suffered through first episode of Selfridge

[Copy link]
4-1-2021 05:03:17 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
So surprised that this series has gotten so many favorable reviews. I never write reviews of things and barely comment but felt compelled to write this. Loved Jeremy Piven on Entourage but after watching him as Selfridge, it felt to me that he had not only never acted before in his life but possibly had never even SEEN good acting. He seems to shout all of his lines with no emotional depth of character and no connection to anyone else he is working with. The story line seems trite and the writing extremely inconsistent and uninteresting. Not to mention using some expressions that I question were in existence at that time like Selfridge saying "I'll catch you later." Really? The other thing that I question was the cinematography. The sepia tone used to push the period feel, I felt works against the theme. Selfridges was supposed to be about luxury but the lack of color in the series does not make anything look luxurious. Last thing, I do love all of the supporting characters (they DO know what acting is about) But seems like the director and/or casting director has chosen female leads that all slightly resemble each other. Good luck with the series but frankly, I'm shocked and disappointed in Masterpiece Theatre. It looks like their standards are slipping or are the viewers just all too forgiving?

score 4/10

robyn-658-162189 13 April 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2781628/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部