View: 142|Reply: 0

Flawed...

[Copy link]
4-1-2021 05:03:17 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
How can it be that we have moved from pre suffragette to 1920's London and yet the actors haven't aged a day? I love the London store and this should have been a really enthralling series but it lacked authenticity to the point of being ludicrous and now we have another series of the same...with all the doings, comings and goings, surely one frown line wouldn't have gone amiss from the makeup department? I also thought the dialogue stilted and contrived and the narrative itself sounded second-hand,a thrift shop sort of series where the actors are primed and primped and off they go...has anyone actually been realistically served in this shop since the series began? I've looked but not seen one purchase and how sad as Selfridges has such lovely things...

No, its a boo-boo. The American accent and drawling on and on about the woes of being rich are just too trite and contrived for me. There seems to be only one layer of narrative here with no layering whatsoever. I will not be watching another series of this.

score 4/10

portobellolinda 10 March 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3199706/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部