View: 87|Reply: 0

Gotta love it!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
7-12-2020 04:17:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Forget "The Producers", which was lame anyway.  If you want to see Mel Brooks's earliest work, then watch an episode of Get Smart on TV Land!  Don Adams plays an inept and bumbling spy named Maxwell Smart who has his share of brilliance once in a while.  He works for an origanization called Control.  He teams up with the competent Agent 99 who he falls in love with and eventually get married to in later episodes.  Together they take orders from the chief to take down an evil syndicate called "Kaos".  I also liked the hi-tec equipment they used, very innovative for it's time.  I enjoy all those 'tricks' the Max and 99 pull to outwit the Kaos agents!

Get Smart is a comedic send off of those James Bond and other super-spy movies that were popular in the 1960's.  Another reason why I enjoy Get Smart is how they sometimes use references from The Three Stooges, Charlie Chaplin, and Laurel and Hardy.  From what I've heard, Mel Brooks was a fan of those old comedians from the past!  I thought the best episodes were that two-parter involving the wax museum!  It was called "House of Max".  So, don't delay!  Watch Get Smart on TV Land and you won't by disapointed!  It will keep you laughing from beginning to end!  Long live Maxwell Smart and Agent 99!

score /10

wishkah7 19 July 2001

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0087922/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部