View: 90|Reply: 0

A True Gem!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2020 01:48:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It was fun to watch an updated version of L. Frank Baum's "The Wonderful Wizard of OZ." It is patterned after the original and follows a similar story line, yet has a totally different feel with added twists and unexpected details.

The main character is played by Zooey Deschanel, with her 'girl next door' charm and simple innocence, I thought she was the perfect choice for the next Dorothy Gale.

Instead of going by the original name of "Dorothy" the heroin answers to "D.G." and is accompanied by new versions of the scare crow, tin man, and lion.

Rather than a Wicked Witch there is an Evil Sorcerers who is as beautiful as she is evil, no green face and snarl to easily identify her as 'the bad guy.' (She doesn't even carry a broom!) The wizard of OZ is actually known as "The Mystic Man" and is played, very well, I might ad, by Richard Dreyfus.

This Epic Adventure was labeled as "NOT RATED" but I'd give it a rating of PG - the flying monkeys are a bit scary as are the witch's soldiers.

Watcher beware, this film has a Run Time of: 265 Mins. (4 hours and 25 minutes) it is broken into 3 parts, so you could easily stop and come back to it later. However, it is so intriguing that it's hard to stop watching. We didn't get to bed until 2:00am.

score 9/10

annarac 13 September 2011

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2488195/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部