View: 100|Reply: 0

What a surprise!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2020 01:48:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I haven't watched TV for a while...it's a Bush thing. Thus, I was unaware of this Sci-Fi channel mini-series. I came across it by accident in a store. What caught my attention was Zooey Deschanel and Richard Dreyfus. (But mostly Zooey Deschanel.) So, I decided to gamble and buy the DVD not knowing anything about it. I am pleased to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this movie...several times...the first day I had it. This is a thoughtful re-imagining of the 1939 movie. I never read the L. Frank Baum stories, so I don't know if this film is truer to those. I do know that I found this story to be entertaining and enjoyable, if not down-right compelling. In places, the film bordered on being a bit "campy", but not over the top in that regard. If you haven't yet seen this film, and are wondering about it, don't buy or watch the DVD with the expectation of seeing a remake of the 1939 film. You will be much disappointed. But, if you are open to a knew look at Dorothy and her adventures in OZ, then you will probably enjoy this film as much as I do. If that isn't enough to prompt your viewing, then try this...the evil witch, who goes by the name Azkadellia in this version, is very exotic and sexy...at nearly the level of Angelina Jolie.

9 out of 10 stars. (One star off for what they did to Toto.)

score 9/10

Xaaralia 2 July 2008

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1903228/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部