View: 54|Reply: 0

Season one works for me, Season 2 not as much

[Copy link]
1-11-2020 11:59:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hunter was like the small-screen version of Dirty Harry, but a tad more on the gentle side. Fred Dryer's performance and Stefanie Kramers as Hunter's partner Detective Dee Dee McCall made this one of the most memorable cop show of the glorious decade that was the 1980's. In the first Season Hunter and McCall meet for the first time to take on a slasher of beautiful women, McCall's ex-partner turned mob hit-man, a case where the main suspect is the police commissioner, crooked sheriffs, a mafia hit, missing pigeons (??!!?), Hunter being false imprisoned, an overzealous bounty hunter, more mafioso, a cop killer, an overzealous parole officer, an overzealous surveillance expert, Hollywood, drug related death, and Hunter's ex among others. Featuring such notable guest stars as Brian Dennehy, Bo Svenson, Wings Hauser, Tracey Walter, Frances McDormand, Ed O'Neill, Christopher McDonald, Dennis Farina, Dennis Franz, and Monique Gabrielle. The first season had great shows for the most part (the Pigeon episode wasn't that good in the least) and the chemistry between Hunter and McCall is great. It's kinda cool that Hunter's badge number is the same as Dryer's uniform number when he played for the Rams by the way.

My Season 1 grade: B  

Best episodes of this season: the 2-part Pilot, Pen Pals, The Garbage Man, the Snow Queen 2-parter, and Guilty

Featuring such notable guest stars as James Hong, Robert Englund, Isaac Hayes, Robert Davi, the second season of Hunter feels different, the locations feel flashier, Hunter himself feels less of a bad ass, I and it just wasn't as good as the first season. This isn't to say there weren't any good episodes to be found as "Night of The Dragons" was the show in top form. "The Return of Typhoon Thompson", the 2-part "the Beautiful & the Dead", and "Death Machine" were good too.

My Season 2 Grade: C

Season 1 DVD extras: Interesting interviews with Stephan Cannell (17 and a half minutes) and Stefanie Kramer (15 minutes)

Season 2 DVD Extras: Interviews with series creator Stephen J. Cannell and composer Mike Post (84 min); & Hunter scenes from "Six Million Dollar Misunderstanding" in Spanish and French

Season 2 DVD-Rom content: "Six Million Dollar Misunderstanding" screenplay in .PDF format Gripes: As is common, a lot of music has been changed for copyright issues, some of the episodes were cut for the same reason (most notably Snow Queen)

Season 1 DVD extras: Interesting interviews with Stephan Cannell (17 and a half minutes) and Stefanie Kramer (15 minutes)

score /10

movieman_kev 3 September 2005

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1164238/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部