View: 71|Reply: 0

My favorite cop-oriented show

[Copy link]
1-11-2020 11:59:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This has to be one of the best cop shows of all time.  Hunter (Dryer) and McCall (Kramer) have a chemistry that cannot be matched (unlike Law and Order, Jerry Orbach have several different partners).  The car chases, crashes, shootouts, fights, etc... are great.  Hunter's car in the show is cool!  It, like Hunter, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Unfortunately, the show took a downturn after McCall left and I discontinued watching at that point.  Also, Hunter wearing a police uniform instead of his usual casual clothes turned me off.  He was also driving a Crown Victoria issued by the LA police instead of that big green land-barge of his.  Needless to say, the final seasons (post mid-1990) left a lot to be desired.

Of all the characters, I have to say captain Charlie Devane (Charles Hallahan) was the worst.  I disliked his attitude.  He thinks of himself as "cool" but he is just a fat, lazy, and ugly middle aged man.  I also disliked Sporty James (Garret Morris).  I don't know what it was, but I just despised the guy!  It could of been his "pimp" attitude.  He sucked.  My favorites were of course Hunter and McCall.  Hunter kicked the butts of many crime-doers in Los Angeles (being a former NFL player, he can do this without even trying hard!), and McCall stunned everybody with her beauty (I happen to think she is VERY beautiful!) and her toughness from that little body of hers.  The women that followed McCall (Molenski, Novak (Lauren Lane)) were very unattractive and useless as police officers.

Overall, I liked the show from the 1984-1990 seasons (Kramer's tenure) although TBS does jumble the episode order, especially the 84-85 season. If there were no Charles Hallahan character or Sporty James character, and McCall never left, the show could have lasted alot longer easily.

score /10

trdsequoiasr5 6 August 2002

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0207304/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部